One of the high points of the Twin Peaks Football League (and, really, the entire social season) is the annual Cryptozoology Bowl between the Shackleton Shockers (coached by the excellent Andy Burkhardt) and the woebegone Springfield Buffalo (coached by a very old and foolish man, could be anyone). Last weekend the SB took a fearful beating at the hands of the undefeated Shockers, and this meant that it was time to pay off the winner. As we've discussed previously here, that means that the loser gifts the winner some sort of cryptozoological merchandise. I was so certain of my impending doom that I handed Andy's gift in my Amazon queue before the game was ever played.
He's clearly loving the Scylla and Charybdis t-shirt, and who wouldn't? It's a challenge to find a t-shirt that celebrates both cryptozoology AND Sicily, so I had better win next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment