Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Spiaggia Cala Rossa

 Terrasini is sort of a glorified beach town (including the fair, which packed up for the season a couple weeks ago). Because of the nature of the rocky shore, there is not one long sandy beach, but rather a series of smaller beaches, carved out of the rocky shoreline. I'll be sure to include pictures of some of the others, but today I'll post a couple pictures of our newest discovery, the Spiaggia Cala Rossa. We're now living off of Via Cala Rossa, so I'm officially declaring Spiaggia Cala Rossa to be "our" beach. It's about a twenty minute walk to get there from our apartment, which means that after our walk all of the beaches are all equidistant. The biggest challenge to getting to the Spiaggia Cala Rossa is not the twenty minutes, but rather the climb down when you get there. Considering how beautiful it is, as well as generally peaceful and secluded, it's a worthy trek down and up.

It's not as horrible as it looks, made easier by the fact that it's shaded the entire way. I just tell myself that with every step I'm getting in better shape.

This is my go-to spot for peace and quiet, as there normally seems to be around five people there at any one time. However, on my last two trips I was joined by dozens of elementary school kids on a cleanup day (bless them for that) and on the next trip ten scuba divers.


No comments:

Post a Comment