The Halloween theme continues to play itself out, although I suspect this will be the last one. Janet's friend Erin and I got into a big discussion of Halloween III: Season of the Witch (apparently, Erin and I grew up together, we just didn't know it - or at least we watched all the same horror movies), which led us to watch the movie. The movie was not as bad as I remembered, and apparently it was the an attempt, unsuccessful, to start a rotating series of Halloween movies that were not simply about the Michael Myers characters. I'm amazing that Dan O'Herlihy was in both this film and also in John Huston's The Dead, although people have to pay the bills. Every time I watch this I think about the fact that it was Stacey Nelkin's relationship (when she was 17) with Woody Allen (when he was 42) that inspired his Manhattan, and then I feel that I should remember her for some other reason and it makes me feel bad. Halloween III, after some initial audience resistance, has picked up a bit of a cult following over the years. Give it a watch.


No comments:
Post a Comment