Friday, April 30, 2010

Overseas

OK, it looks like the foreign travel for the next year is coming together. I'm leaving 23 May for the southern Africa trip, first Zambia and then South Africa. Then, amazing as it seems, it looks like I am returning to India, flying out 22 June for Mumbai (events in India to be determined) and then leaving Mumbai on 3 July so that my Dad and Annie can get back to the States - I'm carving off three days in Belgium (I can't begin to afford any of this, but I do want to spend the time with Dad while we still can). I don't know about travel for later summer or next fall, mainly because I don't know my travel budget for next year or how Champlain will handle my Global Modules project while I'm on sabbatical - but I'm sure there will be one trip or another. And then the sabbatical - as it's schedule now I'll be off the entire 2011 school year - spending the spring semester teaching at Corvinus University in Budapest, and then the fall semester at Zayed University at either their Abu Dhabi or Dubai campuses in the United Arab Emirates. Theoretically, this might mean that I'll take off next December and not return to the States for an entire year (anyone want some furniture cheap?).

2 comments:

KBL said...

The picture is totally perfect. :)

Gary Scudder said...

Yeah, that shot is pretty sweet. My friend Kerry took that of me in Red Square, and her husband Steve refers to it as my International Man of Mystery picture.