Monday, June 13, 2011

Next Year

I've been ignoring this blog while focusing my attention on the okexcellence.wordpress.com blog and the trip westward.  Once we get back to VT (I'm sitting in the lobby of a Holiday Inn Express in Tulsa, OK) I'll post a lot of more reflective material on the trip here.  In the meantime I wanted to go ahead and talk briefly about the plans for next year that are finally coming together.  I talked to my good friend Jyoti Grewal last night and it definitely looks like I'll be spending next year in Abu Dhabi, UAE, acting as the Assistant Dean for Curriculum at Zayed University.  Jyoti is the Dean at Zayed and she wants me to teach a class and tinker with the curriculum and run some professional development programming.  It's quite a challenge, and that excites me, and it is a great fit for me at this point in my career.  I have some conflicted feelings about it, mainly personal, but I'll deal with it.  I guess I'll leave in late August.  More later.

No comments: