Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fujairah

Since I made it back to Burlington everything has been a blur, which has been fantastic, but it also means that I am way behind on my blogging.  I can't remember the last time I only posted once in a month, and we're getting awfully close to the end of this month so I need to get busy.  So, let me just quickly post a few quick thoughts, and maybe that will inspire me to write more over the weekend (and maybe I will find my missing camera so that I can download my pictures from the UK).  Here is one of my favorite pictures from the year, from one of my favorite days.  Laura, who is a very experienced scuba diver with over a hundred dives (but no shark sightings, oddly), took it upon herself to introduce me to the sport on a trip to Fujairah on the east coast of the Emirates.  I'll have a lot more to say about it later, including some pictures which somehow survived the loss of yet another camera.  You can tell what a good time I had - and I think she is just relieved that I actually survived.

She did discover something even scarier than sharks.

No comments: