Monday, May 8, 2017

Less Ire in Eire

My great friend Bill Wixon is visiting from Ireland.  Wix was a student of mine in a couple classes years ago, but has since then become a close friend.  During the summer when I was first separated, and was thus at my lowest point, Bill ran into me down at the Vermont Pub & Brew.  I was in the midst of that monastic stage that all divorcing people go through when they wallow in their own suffering.  Heading to the VPB for one drink was a big deal for me because it was the beginning of me realizing that maybe I wasn't actually the worst person in the world.  I bumped into Wix and he unofficially took me into his circle of friends and family and we spent a lot of time together that year, for which I will be eternally grateful.  Wix is one of those people who is a much better person that people realize, and that probably he realizes.  He's back in town for a brief visit, and then is planning on moving back permanently before the year is out.  This is some of the best news I've heard in a long time.

Are we going to Ben & Jerry's?  Duh, of course we're going to Ben & Jerry's. Wix has a well-documented sweet tooth.

No comments: