Friday, January 4, 2019

International Crytozoology Museum

Recently I talked about the passing of my friend and former colleague Richard. On the long drive to his hometown I stopped in Portland, Maine to fulfill a long-standing desire to visit the International Cryptozoology Museum (and knowing Richard's whimsical sense of humor he would have definitely approved).  It was founded by Loren Coleman, who I've been watching on cryptid documentaries for decades.  Sadly, he wasn't there at the moment, because I would have definitely had to break one of my rules about not asking for pictures with people.  It's actually located in a cool and bustling little warehouse area, surrounded by some trendy shops and bars, so there are a lot worse places that you could spend an afternoon.

If you see the large wooden statue of Big Foot you must be there.

Naturally, this shot inspired several Chuck Bashaw memes.

I make so many bizarre little side trips, so I find it hard to believe I've never visited Point Pleasant to see the epicenter of the Moth Man phenomenon.

No comments: