Sunday, September 20, 2020

Hunting for Ghosts and Exorcising Demons

 Just when you think that everything is over, well, I guess it's not over, and such is the wonderful, mad vagary of life. Yesterday my friend Dannah and I spent the day exploring and exploring, including trying to track down Satans Kingdom, Vermont (my earlier attempt with my son is chronicled here somewhere) and the non-existent town of West Castleton on Lake Bomoseen (where we waited - aided by sneaking down to the dock of a closed restaurant - to see the ghost ship come raft across the lake). We failed to find any paranormal phenomena, but had a lovely day and found other things. The pictures of the lake that bracket the selection fail chronologically but not emotionally.

I suspect if we had just waited a bit longer the ghost ship would have arrived. 

Inexplicably Dannah had never had cheese curds at A&W, which precipitated a visit to the restaurant in Middlebury. She was clearly happy about the cheese curds and requisite milk shake, even if she did almost choke from laughing too hard.

A lovely picture from a lovely day.

And this guys seems happy.

OK, so I messed with the chronology, but I'm a historian.




No comments: