Sunday, July 18, 2021

Senator Cote

 As I've pointed out many times, one of the best things about teaching is keeping in contact with students after they graduate, to follow their paths. This is especially true if you had the students when they were first year students. Yesterday I was blessed to get to meet one of my all-time favorite students, Carolyn Cote, for coffee down on Church Street. We had been gabbing on Facebook and she told me that she was passing through BTV, and we made arrangements. Of all the many students I've taught over the last forty years Carolyn is the one who is most clearly going to be in Congress some day. She's flourishing, not surprisingly, and I told her that I was so proud of her.


My plan is to spend my dotage in undeserved but lucrative sinecure positions provided by Senator Cote and Mahmoud Jabari (who, as I've long predicted, will be the leader of a free Palestine).




No comments: