Saturday, January 22, 2022

Montpeculiar

 A couple months back I was walking around downtown Montpelier, aka Montpeculiar, our capital city here in Vermont. It's totally different than all the other state capitals around the country, most notably because of its size. Only 8000 hearty souls live in Monepelier, which is, by far, the smallest state capital in the nation (I think the next smallest is something like 250,000). Granted, we have a crazy small state population - right around 600,000 - but even considering that the population is ridiculously small. I remember driving my father through through the city one time and he opined, "Well, that was sort of pathetic." True, I guess, but also sort of charming.



It was Christmas time so the tree was up before the Capital Building.



No comments: