Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Hidden

 Time continues to fly along - and, no, I'm not prepared for school starting on Monday. Today is one month since the wedding, which doesn't seem possible (both because it was clearly yesterday and also clearly five years ago). It's also difficult to wrap my head around the thought that five weeks ago we were ending our three week stay in a 13th century cottage, next to a 13th century castle, in the distant mountains of northern Portugal. Sometimes I think I actually do live as strange a life as my friends think I do.


There will be many more pictures of the castle, which was largely open all the time. This meant I could walk up there in the evenings to stroll around the ramparts (and watch the nearby vampire-laden village).

We loved our 13th century cottage, although it was also clearly not made for a climate change world. Alvaro, who is a grand landlord, is in the process of putting in air-conditioning.



No comments: