Tuesday, July 4, 2023

The Entourage

 I remember, years and years ago, taking my son to see my mother. At that moment I had just shaved off my beard, which I had had for almost twenty years (over the years I've occasionally shaved it off, mainly to change my luck). After about two hours my mother looked at me and said, "Something looks different about you." She didn't notice this pretty substantial alteration because I had already served my purpose: bringing her grandson (who she shamelessly doted on until the end). I thought of this recently when my wonderful friends Andy and Heidi travelled back from Michigan to visit their old friends in Vermont. Mainly, of course, they acted as chauffeurs for their daughter Sylvie Maple. It was also their tenth wedding anniversary, which speaks to the excellence of the man (could be anyone, really) who officiated at their wedding. 

Andy, of course, wore his Montreal Alouettes shirt to make me happy, he being another victim of my love affair with the CFL

Sylvie Maple looking, as always, a bit too cute.

The waterfall was a big hit.



No comments: