Monday, June 24, 2024

Everyday Souvenir

 OK, so this is a pretty silly post, as compared to all of my other pretty silly posts, to be fair. The week before last I made it back to Portugal for a week, which, naturally, I'll have more to say about later. I'm planning on leading a student trip there in March 2025 (inshallah) so heading over now allowed me to get in some serious prep. It was a very productive trip. Along the way I picked up several souvenirs for Janet, including the Continente grocery bag below. Continente is one of the big grocery chains in Portugal, and there are also Continente Bom Dias, which are smaller versions that they squeeze into urban centers. Janet and I have always had a soft spot for Continente because we shopped there on our first trip to Portugal together. Plus, they have remarkably big grocery bags, two of which we've brought back before. There was a little Continente Bom Dia around the corner from my Airbnb apartment in Lisbon, and one day I picked up a new bag as a souvenir for Janet. She was actually very excited to find it in the stash of souvenirs that I brought back for her.

It may be the only souvenir that we make use of all the time, and which always brings a smile.



No comments: