Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sleepless in Amman

I've had trouble sleeping in trips before - I remember coming back from Australia and waking up every night at 1:30 for a week straight and then would be awake the entire day until late at night, and then up at 1:30 again. However, I'm usually pretty fortunate in that regards. That said, this trip has been brutal. I got about five wretched hours on the plane, and then about four hours the next night (all starting around 5:00 a.m.), and tonight I've managed to sleep for one hour. I had the alarm set for 5:00 a.m. because the driver for Petra is coming at 6:00 so I just gave up in frustration a little after 4:00 (which is why I'm sitting in the computer room at ACOR in the wee small hours of the morning). Boy, this is going to be a long day.

No comments: