Thursday, September 4, 2008

I had a Global Module in Africa . . .


OK, I'm running around like a lunatic trying to get ready for my next trip. I'm heading back to Africa this weekend to present at a conference on curricular design in African universities and to visit four universities. First off, I'm heading to Kenya to revisit our partner Kenyatta University for several days of meetings as we fine-tune our agreement. Then it's on to South Africa for stops at the University of Cape Town, the University of Pretoria and the University of South Africa - as well as the conference. I'm getting tired just thinking about it. I'm especially looking forward to the return trip, which runs from Johannesburg to London (isn't it possible to fly northwest from South Africa to the U.S. instead of over the entire length of Africa and Europe?), and then London to JFK, and then JFK to home - that will be a relaxing day. It's central to our vision to create a strong foundation in Africa - and with partners in Kenya and Ghana and Morocco - and new potential partners in Egypt and South Africa - we're well on our way.

No comments: