Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Many Goodbyes







I've really been remiss in blogging lately, mainly because of the mad rush in trying to get the trip to Abu Dhabi organized. If I ever get my flight scheduled I'll consider it a good day. Last Tuesday morning I woke up to an email from Zayed asking me if I liked my itinerary for Sunday's flight - that is, the Sunday following five days after the email. I managed to convince them that it was not a particularly good idea, especially since the week before they had decided that I was flying on 30 August. Now I think we're back to 30 August, but who really knows. Still, I am always happy with small victories, so having more time actually gives me the chance to try and get fairly organized. In addition to moving out of the Q (more on that later) I've also devoted time to planning my classes and setting up online bill payment and packing, etc. I've really been touched by how many folks seem genuinely upset/moved by the thought of me moving away, even if it is probably only for a year. Many of my friends have taken me out for dinner and/or drinks, and it has been, while more than a touch bittersweet, wonderful. Here are a few pictures from a going away soiree that my great friend Wes threw for me at his condo down on the lake. He really outdid himself, including his mysterious box of presents. Wes hired me at Champlain over eleven years ago and we've always remained very close. I'm missing everyone already.

No comments: