Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jack and Jack Jack


Let me post a picture of one of my favorite people in the world, Jack Kelly. Here's a bit of photo-shopping that displays Jack's real nature. He's the middle child of my great friends Mike and Jame Kelly and he is a holy terror. We lovingly refer to the Kelly brood as The Barbarians for a reason, and Jack is the most barbarian. Mike, after some analysis, placed the over/under on number of stitches that Jack will receive by age 18 at 41 - I bet the over. One time Mike and I were playing with the boys down in the common room at Quarry Hill. Jack picked up a ball to throw to his older brother Nick, and in the process of throwing it he lost his balance, stumbled back three steps, fell, and hit his head on the one table in the room. It could not be explained by our understanding of physics and/or anatomy, and Mike and I just stared at each other in amazement. Only Jack Jack could find the one table in the room to collapse into. Another time I was watching Jack and his older brother while Mike and Jame were running errands with Sam, the youngest. At one point Mike called and asked how things were going. I had to admit that things were going great, and that there had only been a little blood (Jack, in the process of wrestling for a tennis ball, had fallen face first into a railing and bloodied his nose). Mike responded, without ever hearing the story or having the victim identified, "Another day in the life of Jack Kelly." I always refer to Jack as the Nature Boy, in honor of his Ric Flair like hair. Woooooooo!

No comments: