Monday, March 12, 2012

King of Kings


I just received the update from the second annual Four Sport Triathlon. In an earlier posting I discussed the initial competition last year, which was held on my birthday. It is an intense athletic competition that puts the Olympics to shame, featuring excellence in minature golf, bowling, pool and darts, spread out of multiple venues, half a day, and a massive amount of chicken wings and adult beverages. Surprisingly, my pick to win, the young Andy Burkhardt was unable to defend his title (even factoring in his heroic consumption of half a pound of chicken wings as extra-credit). Here is a picture of this year's champion, Mike Lange, posing with the trophy. Andy sent me multiple pictures as well as an inspired video montage, which has left me more than a bit homesick.

No comments: