Monday, March 26, 2012

Tejada? Bloomquist? Hinske? Lannan? Walla?

Last night (morning in Cincinnati) the Irrational League was able to complete it's 16th annual draft. Amazingly, the online part of the draft worked brilliantly, with only an initial problem at the beginning at their end. It was wonderful to get together, even virtually, with everyone again. Sadly, my beloved Atlanta Crackers are truly dreadful, and I can state that without a doubt this is the worst team I've ever finished with on draft day. Normally after the draft we'd be headed to the nearest Skyline Chili parlor and I could begin reconstructing my team with various and sundry trades with Gary Beatrice, but couldn't quite pull it off this year. After last year's unsuccessful attempt to win it all I was stuck with too many returning bad contracts, too few good contracts and a Gogol-esque Dead Salary (so I started the draft with $19 less than I should have had - and I already strapped for cash), which meant that I was doomed before it started. As you can see from the picture I came with my Cincinnati Reds t-shirt and my Savannah Sand Gnats hat, but there is only so much that even these lucky tokens can do. The Crackers are officially playing for 2013. Still, it was worth the pain to talk to my friends again. We're already planning a Reds game for when I get back in July.

No comments: