Friday, August 10, 2012

Packing Once More

And since I mentioned packing, here's evidence of my limited progress.  It's funny to think after all these months I'm now down to just a few days.  And so I'm launching yet another new chapter in my life.  Right now it looks like I'm heading back to the Woolen Mill in Winooski, where I first lived during my separation. It seems like I've fallen into the trap of an endless series of one year stays: the first year in the Woolen Mill, a year acting as faculty in residence at Quarry Hill, a year here in Abu Dhabi, and now another year at the Woolen Mill.  It would be nice to settle in for a longer stretch - I'm getting a little road weary; sort of an extended version of that seven week/seven country trip from a few summers ago.  Truthfully, I have mixed emotions about returning, and part of me would almost prefer to stay in Abu Dhabi and carry on with the life I've built here.

Well, at the very least Monkey is really excited to begin the trip home.  Now, how do I get everything in three suitcases and two carry-ons?

No comments: