Thursday, December 27, 2012

Stonehenge

I usually pride myself on tracking down the spots far off the beaten path and avoiding the more touristy locations, but there are some things that you just can't avoid - and Stonehenge is one of them.  I should really write a lot more about the visit, but I'm running off to the airport to pick up Laura (insh'allah), because her 7:50 flight (initially 5:30 and then progressively later and later) has suddenly become 6:00 and then 6:30 (when they discovered that there were no flight attendants available, which is amazing since its a flight where they don't serve food or drinks).  And now it may be another half-hour.  I think I'll just head over and wait.  Anyway, we visited Stonehenge on an appropriately overcast and windswept day, which was just perfect.  I don't know if I felt spiritually moved to a transcendent plane, but it was a wonderful day.



Again, the prettiest tour guide in the world.


Thinking about blowing this one up to hang on the wall, but I can't decide if it's a good picture or not.

No comments: