Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Missing Rome

Just made it back from a week in Abu Dhabi last night, and am grinding my way through the mother of all jet lags.  I made myself get up at 5:30 and decided to push myself through until I collapse tonight, which is my usual approach.  I had a wonderful time in Abu Dhabi, including a belated and lovely Valentine's trip to Liwa with the excellent Miss Laura.  Doubtless there will be more on the wonderful spring break trip.  Today, for some reason, I'm thinking about Rome, and not simply because 1.2 billion Catholics are waiting for the new Pope to be named.  To be fair, Laura is entirely responsible for Benedict stepping down, but that's another story.  Anyway, here's a picture I snapped in a lovely square where we stopped for drinks.

I don't know why I like this picture, but for some reason it really captures the mood of a lovely day.

No comments: