Friday, April 26, 2013

Wiffle Ball Excellence

I think the reason why my friends here at Champlain missed me when I was gone (although I'm sure they didn't miss me as much as they let on) is that I tend to be the one who organizes general tomfoolery such as chicken wing eating competitions or suggests tail-gating at schools we don't attend or browbeat friends into visiting the Creation Museum or any number of other silly things.  The other day I was at Shaw's when I came across a wiffle bat and bat on sale.  Immediately it seemed to me that what could possibly be a better break from finals week grading than to spend some time out in the sunshine playing wiffle ball in the front yard of Aiken. Eventually I'll post the individual baseball card shots of all the participants, but here's something to get us started.  There are unpleasant rumors going around that I deliberately plunked all the batters I faced, which is not entirely true.  There were some folks who were leaning in over the plate and had to be brushed back, but that's just part of the game.  I did drill Andy in the back, but his crimes are so profound that he definitely deserved it.
Mike pitching to Linda, with Andy and Kerry playing the outfield.  As it turns out all the women were much better hitters than the men, although that was mainly because I dragged down the average.

No comments: