Friday, November 22, 2013

Yemen Stories

Following up on an earlier post - I've gone ahead and set up a new blog devoted to providing a more balanced view of everyday life in Yemen.  I've called it Yemen Stories and I'm in the process of looking for pictures and related stories from Yemenis or folks who have a lot of experience within the country.  Do I think I can change the world?  Hardly.  Even my ego isn't that big (although, as my friends are wont to point out, my plans never stay small for very long).  Mainly I'm trying to present a more balanced view of a mysterious and sadly demonized country.  Essentially I want to take advantage of the power of story-telling.  One of the things that blew me away about the Museum of Broken Relationships (discussed in an earlier posting under Croatia) was how a simple picture tied to a few explanatory sentences could tell a story and create an entire world (and break your heart).  I'd really like to take a similar approach with this blog.  

No comments: