Sunday, March 15, 2015

Jordan Again

As promised, the blog will be dominated for the next few weeks by a bunch of postings from Jordan.  We just returned yesterday after a spring break trip, the first I ever led.  It was an amazing trip, and reenforced why I love Jordan - and why I was right in fighting to take students there.  As always, it was completely safe and the students were blown away by the warmth and hospitality of the Jordanian people.  I traveled with my wonderful friend Cyndi Brandenburg - and we left with nine students and returned with nine students (although not the same nine students - I think every one of them was transformed by the experience).  However, I'm insanely behind in my grading, so it will have to wait for a while.  I thought I'd get started by posting a picture of myself standing in front of the Seven Pillars of Wisdom in the Wadi Rum.  The formation itself gave its name to Lawrence's autobiography.  Words cannot describe the Wadi Rum.  I'll even forgive it for destroying my camera (as I should know, sand and camera apertures are not friends).

My expansive bucket list grew ever so slightly shorter.  I've passed through Jordan so many times - and it is my favorite overseas spot - but somehow I had never made it to the Wadi Rum.

No comments: