Monday, March 23, 2015

Nothing To See Here

. . . and plenty to see here.  Here's a picture of one of the jeeps on our Wadi Rum desert tour, gloriously embedding itself up to the axles in the sand.  It's not quite as dramatic as it looks, mainly because I've never been on a desert tour (and, oddly, I've been on several of them) that didn't feature one of the jeeps burying itself on top of a dune.  Essentially, it's one of the things you pay for on the trip. If it were more uncommon or dangerous or unexpected it wouldn't have taken all of three minutes to rectify. That said, if it's your first desert tour then it's pretty exciting - and, truthfully, even if you've been on many of them it's still a lot of fun.

Naturally, I mainly blame my excellent friend Cyndi Brandenburg, who was in the front seat at the time.
Oh, and since this is, amazingly, my 700th posting, I think this forms a lovely metaphor for most of my foreign travel.

No comments: