Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Summer 2016 Visitors

It's been a funny summer, and one that has madly rushed by.  One of the reasons why is that it has been a very hectic summer, although pleasantly so.  Even though I live in a vacation destination state I've had precious few visitors over the years, which I attribute to my lacks of attractive personal attributes.  Happily, that changed late this summer as a few of my oldest friends drove up here for a visit within a week of each other.  I'll get to Bill and Kathy soon, but in the meantime I'll post a few pictures of my dear friends Debi and Ben.  Debi and I taught together back at Georgia Perimeter (nee DeKalb) College when the world was young and have remained in close contact even though I left GPC sixteen years ago and Debi is now a Dean in Washington, DC.  She claims that she lost me to her great (and long-suffering) husband Ben, and that I put up with her mainly so that Ben and I can talk baseball.  Sadly, the Lake Monsters were out of town while they were here - and even the Montreal Alouettes were on the road.  Still, because Ben had never visited Canada we crossed the border for a few hours.  I am blessed to have such amazing friends.

The Queen is pensive as she tries her first smoked meat sandwich at Chez Pepe.

Ben, on the other hand, loved his smoked meat sandwich and poutine.

And what trip north of the border would be complete without a visit to Tim Horton's?

Debi, who has a profound sweet teeth, discovered true happiness with the Tim Bits.

And back in VT we had to go to the Four Corners deli, the best restaurant in the state.

No comments: