Monday, January 30, 2017

Rising Sun to No Sun

And another in my series of silly pictures of me wearing my Rising Sun, Indiana t-shirt overseas.  I normally do not like pictures of myself, for the obvious reason (I know I'm getting older and don't need the constant reminder), but for some organic reason this has become a thing.  Since it is unplanned there is not any real main logical reason for it, although I suspect it's somewhere between an homage to Rising Sun and a celebration of the fact that I don't live in Indiana anymore.  Someone suggested I should collect them all and send them to the local Rising Sun newspaper, which seems funny although I could also see some people taking it the wrong way.  A few years ago someone prodded me on Facebook to answer some question about the farthest north, south, east and west you had ever been, which I did, and then received grief for showing off.  I'm afraid the same thing would happen here.  The picture was snapped by my son on the edge of a cliff in Hellnar, Iceland, as I tried desperately to not be blown into the ocean.

About five minutes later a squall blew in from the ocean and it was a complete whiteout for an hour; luckily we had walked back to the nice little local coffeeshop so we could enjoy the show in peace (and latte fueled warmth).

No comments: