Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Young Man and the Sea

I am, per usual, desperately far behind in posting pictures from foreign travel, which was sort of the point of this blog when it started ten years ago.  Recently my brand new phone gave up the ghost, and I was afraid that I had lost hundreds of pictures from Iceland (except for the ones I could have reverse engineered from Facebook [although I would have had to rejoin FB] and Twitter postings).  Happily, the cloud, which I normally roll my eyes at, saved the day.  Still, I'm scared straight and I need to get those pictures up before my own personal intellectual cloud dissipates.  Here's a nice picture of my son on our last full day in Iceland, when we ended up just bumming around the peninsula near our hostel, instead of heading much further inland - mainly because of the challenge of trying to work around four hours of daylight.  It turned out to be a fantastic day, one of my all-time favorites, and I'll get that story up soon.

Standing next to an old lighthouse and thinking about the end of the world, at least geographically.


No comments: