Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Back to India? Haan.

The phrase that has dominated so much of my exchanges - and so much of my personal philosophy - is "there's always another trip."  And it is still true today.  I'm in the midst of the chaos of planning the upcoming Zanzibar trip (and apparently one or two summer trips to Zanzibar - more on that later) and a summer trip to Montenegro (much more on that later as well) but I'm also in the process of finalizing planning and negotiating and haggling for this March's return trip to India.  I brought students to India two years ago, as part of a Ramayana-themed Heroines & Heroes course.  This time I'm running a new COR 330 Dar al-Islam: India course - a version of my Dar al-Islam: Yemen course, but tailored to the Muslim experience in India.  Once again I'm working with the truly excellent Inder Singh from Tiger Paws Adventures, so I know it will be a wonderful trip.  Last trip to Mumbai, Nishak and Ellora and then on to Sri Lanka, but this will be exclusively northern India.  The itinerary is in flux, as it always is at this point, but it's shaping up to be a great trip.

A picture I snapped at the Jama Masjid, the oldest mosque in Delhi, which will be prominently featured on the proposed itinerary.

No comments: