Saturday, August 3, 2019

Trip of Mystery Update

Yes, the tickets are purchased and the visas are sussed (and, yes, I know how vague that statement is) for the upcoming 60th birthday Trip of Mystery. I really had trouble finally punching the button to buy the plane ticket, not because I'm afraid to travel, but rather because I have issues spending money on myself.  Up to a certain limited point I will, as anyone who follows my silly CFL adventures can testify to, but otherwise I'm just a lot happier spending money on other folks. Doubtless it goes back to my father convincing me that I'm truly the laziest, most irresponsible person in the world. In the end I guess I have to give credit to my SO for pushing me to do it. I was grumbling to her about wasting the money on myself, which led to a discussion of how much the ticket was, which she didn't think was that much money considering the money I do spend on the folks in my life. I responded with something stupid like, "It would be different if you asked for that much money because I'd write you a check right now." She replied, "OK, write me a check for _____." Pause. Then I said, "And, let me guess, you'd use the money to buy me this plane ticket, right?" She replied, "Yep." And so I went ahead and bought the ticket. Of course, it could have just been her ingenious scheme to figure out where I'm going (which she'd need to know to purchase said ticket). Anyway, it's on.


No comments: