Monday, September 16, 2019

Puppy Love

It's difficult to believe but this is my twentieth year at Champlain, which means that I'll now been here eleven years longer than I was at Georgia Perimeter College. With the passage of time it now seems like I was at GPC for around a year and a half, and have been at Champlain for a century. This also means that I have two decade friendships with people that I only know through Champlain, which is a bit staggering to consider. One of those folks is my friend Ann who I have known since I arrived at Champlain, although I've only gotten to know her a lot better over the last few years because of our shared friendship with my great friend Kevin. She has very kindly invited me out to her house a couple times, including over this last weekend to see her dog Bella's first brood of puppies. Since Ann was looking for folks to take the puppies I kept sharing her puppy-related Facebook posts, and by way of saying thanks she arranged dinner and a puppy-viewing this weekend. As always it was a lovely time, featuring great great food, friendship and, well, puppies.

Ann being lovingly mauled by one of the puppies. It's hard to believe that Ann didn't grow up with dogs because she is quite the authority on dogs and breeding now.

And here's Ann's husband Jim, who is a wonderfully kind and generous soul.

The puppy mosh pit.

Here I am barely hiding my total disdain for puppies and everything they stand for. And, yes, Ann and Jim counted the puppies before I left.


No comments: