Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Shelburne Farms

I was thinking that I should create a separate Label for Pandemic since so many of my posts lately seem to be about surviving the pandemic or at least my life during it (essentially, I really need to get back to writing about my overseas experiences, which was the point of this blog in the first place). I really miss the gym and have been participating in this three times a week zoom core class (although I managed to sleep through it this morning; I got up in the middle of the night to knock off my Ramadan requirements, but then ended up falling back asleep afterwards) but beyond that the only exercise I've gotten has been long walks every day. Yesterday I accepted the invitation from my friend Cindy to meet at Shelburne Farms for a walk, and somehow I always forget that the farm is an option (I think there's actually some stipulation that it's technically an option for people who live in Shelburne, but that may either be incorrect or it has loosened up because of the pandemic). It was a lovely day, and getting out and about improved my mood dramatically.

There's obviously some sort of metaphor here, and, typically, we took the road less traveled.

Cindy and I are that most modern of couples, the "gym spouses," meaning that we bump into each other much more at the gym than at school. She's a good soul, and dutifully and happily participates in all the Honey Boy talks and the online Top 10 Books chats. She's not normally this happy, and mainly lives to cause fights on social media.

Some days the #YankeeHellhole is less hellholish.

No comments: