Wednesday, June 17, 2020

My Top 10 Books - 2020 Version

I mentioned a while back that I've been hosting a weekly Top 10 Books online chat, mainly to distract my friends from the end of the world. My hope was that I could duck it myself, but I ended up getting dragged into it this week simply because the person who was scheduled ending up having to postpone for a week. So, I threw together my own Top 10 Books list on the fly. If I had a theme it was simply Most Meaningful Books, which my ex-wife would have proposed was every book I ever read.

Sherwood Anderson, Winesburg, Ohio
Charles Dickens, Bleak House
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
Paul Fussell, The Great War and Modern Memory
Yukio Mishima, Sea of Fertility Tetralogy: Spring Snow, Runaway Horses, Temple of Dawn, Decay of the Angel
Brooks Hansen, The Chess Garden
Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
Vergil, Aeneid
Seyyed Nasr, The Heart of Islam
Marcel Proust, Remembrance of Things Past

I don't think I shocked anybody when any of these choices as I am nothing if not utterly boring and predictable. Still, it was a lovely chat with good friends.

No comments: