Monday, May 3, 2021

Exploring

 If I learned anything from last week's stress test (beyond the logic and sweetness of euthanasia) it was that I need to get out and walk more. Once I got past my knee surgery I returned to the gym for my usual six days a week. While I do thirty to forty minutes of cardio every day it's exclusively on the bike or the elliptical. I simply haven't been walking, not simply because of pain in my knee but also because walking has been a bit dodgy because of my poly neuropathy. Of course, this means I should be walking. It's not simply that I need the exercise, but also, to a certain degree, I need to teach myself how to walk again. With that in mind I avoided the gym yesterday and finally explored the walking trail across the street from my apartment. It's actually a wonderful trail and I immediately felt quite stupid for not having checked it out earlier (the opening looks pretty scrubby, but it opens up to a lovely path and it's not too brutally hilly). The new goal is to swap off days - on weight-lifting days I'll do my cardio at the gym - and on non-weight-lifting days I'm going to be walking. Anyway, now you'll know where to find my body when I go missing.


Sadly, I had no cryptozoological experiences. I would have even been happy to run into Tom Bombadil.




No comments: