Saturday, May 1, 2021

Stress

There's an old chest nut about how you spend ninety percent of all the healthcare money that you'll ever spend in the last six months. Following that logic I may have just slept through my own funeral. As we've discussed, a year ago I was running people ragged in Jordan, Namibia, and India, and now walking is sometimes somewhere between inelegant and a challenge. Over the last six months, not counting innumerable COVID tests and soon to be two COVID vaccinations, I've seen around ten doctors, had a battery of blood work, had two MRIs, an EMG, a visit to Urgent Care, an epidural, knee surgery, waiting on my neurologist appointment, and have had to adapt to weekly physical therapy - and that's not even mentioning the fucking Neti-Pot. Oh, and now we get to add a stress test. Happily, apparently my heart is fine, so, to quote Bill Murray, I got that going for me. It's mainly gallows humor that is helping me get through this stretch. 

I tried to reach a level of zen by focusing on the print, which is why I'm sure it is hanging there. I did better than I thought, and my surgically repeated knee actually didn't bark too terribly.


No comments: