Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Meditations #10

 Put from you the belief that 'I have been wronged', and with it will go the feeling. Reject your sense of injury, and the injury itself disappears.

Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book Four


I don't think it's quite that simply, obviously, but nevertheless I believe that MA is on to something here. The last year has been an avalanche of injuries, or maybe it's just been an avalanche of perceived injuries. After my ex-fiancée summarily kicked me to the curb shortly before my sixtieth birthday I definitely let that eat at me. However, it's not like we were happy, and my folly in believing her in the first place would make a great case study in cognitive dissonance. So, was I injured or actually set free to find a better relationship (even if it's simply with the Criterion Channel)?


Oh, and having nothing to do with today's MA theme, this is my 2500th blog post. Or maybe it does somehow relate because it speaks to perseverance. 



No comments: