Sunday, October 29, 2023

CFL Thanksgiving Excellence 2023

 As we all know, and which none of us need to be reminded, I am Vermont's leading CFL fan. Sadly, I had somehow manage3d to make it through the season without going to even one CFL game season, which says something very bad about me. Happily, I kept up a long-standing tradition of heading up to Montreal for their own long-standing tradition: the Thanksgiving (Canadian version) Montreal Alouettes game. Over the years I've dragged many of my friends up to the Thanksgiving game, and this year I brought my excellent friend Mike Kelly (who was there for his second Thanksgiving game extravaganza). Since it was the only game of the year I splurged: great seats right on the 55 yard line.

Mike and I spent a rainy, but wonderful, day analyzing the strategy.

Three things of note: 1) great Ali McGuirk hat swag; 2) my traditional Alouettes shirt; 3) damn, that dude is ancient.

As is also well-documented - as long as we see a rouge the trip is worth it. In fact, we saw two. My soon (although apparently not too soon) to be written book on the CFL will be entitled: As Long As We See A Rouge. My friends have heard me say this so many times.



No comments: