Saturday, May 30, 2009

Off to China

OK, in about twelve hours I fly out of Dubai and on to Beijing. Thankfully, the Friendship Hotel has finally arranged to send a driver, although who knows if they're actually show up. I just relearned a grant Arabic phrase - bukhra insh'allah - it essentially, means tomorrow, god willing, but the actual meaning is more like - who the hell knows? Anyway, Internet connectivity might be a bit dicey, especially once I get into central China. I'll post when I can. I'm sure it will be fine in Beijing, which is supposed to be lousy with Internet cafes, but pictures might be iffy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How's the chin, tooth and chest? Hopefully you are not scaring off the other faculty at the hosting universities. Hope you can post from China. Travel safely and try to send some pictures. Cheeseburgers, wow. It would do you good to eat a little fat.