Monday, June 29, 2009

Floating in Klagenfurt

If you've been following the news you know that southern Austria has been suffering from some terrible flooding. No sign of it in Klagenfurt, although they've been getting a ton of rain. I'm sitting in the Cafe Bergmann, a little place around the corner from the bus stand, trying to stay out of the rain, and enjoying a pastry and a melange (essentially a cafe latte). They always serve the melange with a little wafer and a small glass of water (it doesn't seem to matter where you are in Austria). I had a great day of meetings at Klagenfurt University, and now I'm waiting for the rain to stop so that I can go work-out (I found a place a few blocks from my hotel). After that I'll grab something to eat, and then back to my room to repack - tomorrow morning I catch the train back north to Vienna.

No comments: