Thursday, May 27, 2010

Conference Redux

So, I'm sitting here during the plenary when I realized that four professors (three of them African) sitting next to me were using the conference's free wifi to update their Facebook pages. That said, I can't feel too morally superior to them since I'm using my Blackberry to blog. The panel really isn't too bad, and one of them looks suspiciously like Idi Amin (which is keeping my attention). The thing I found most interesting today is the Cloud technology that allows ten or more video screens to act as virtual work-stations off one PC. I'm going to have to ask my more technologically savvy friends Sarah and Andy to explain that one to me. It seems like it has potential to make the Internet affordable for the devekoping world, although m-learning (using mobile phones) is another possibility (one of many)..

No comments: