Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Exhausted in Lusaka

For some reason I am preternaturally tired today. I don't know if it's a product of the 25 hours it took to get here or the virus I was fighting for the week before I left or the requisite, albeit mild, African stomach unrest, but I am just exhausted today. I went to bed last night around 9:00 and didn't wake up this morning until past 10:30 - which meant that it both threw off my schedule and blew my one free meal of the day. Doh! I hate to waste a day when I'm overseas but I may spend the day lounging. I scoured my Lonely Planet guide for things to do today - a museum sounded good - but the guidebook didn't suggest one. I may just go for a long walk instead. The Taj Pamodzi is located on Church Road, and that runs into Cairo Road, and that is more bustling (although also a haven for pickpockets). The conference doesn't start until tomorrow and I would like to go outside and do something.

No comments: