Monday, December 13, 2010

The Glamorous Life: the Shuttle


Yes, and just in case anyone thinks my life is one long series of trips to Prague, I have my continuing series of the more glamorous moments that make up my day. While living at the Q is pretty sweet, getting back and forth is a challenge. Luckily the college provides pretty good shuttle service that leaves every half-hour (we're not on the main Burlington bus line - and I've let my son have my car most of the time any more so he can get back and forth to work). When I lived at the Woolen Mill in Winooski I had the choice of the college shuttle and the main Burlington bus line, so in between the two it was easy to get wherever I needed to go. This takes a little more planning. Grabbing groceries, as anyone who depends upon bus service knows, is challenge number one. Yesterday I took the shuttle up to campus to work out and then walked down the hill to the City Market to grab a few things, and then back up the hill to catch the shuttle again. However, the various Champlain shuttle runs fold together on the weekends, so they only leave any particular spot every hour and the bus then visits every location. So, I jumped on the bus with my groceries, and then we drove to the Gilbane parking lot and then on to Spinner Place in Winooski and then finally back to the Q. I think the picture is blurry because I was falling asleep.

No comments: