Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lunch with Mimi



Wednesday brought an unexpected treat - a visit from my sister Lisa and my Mom. They live on the other side of the state, and, unfortunately, I don't see them as much as I would like. My sister works at Dartmouth Hitchcock and moved up a year after I did, which makes her a Vermont resident - although six generations short of being a true Vermonter. They had never seen my apartment at the Q and had somehow convinced themselves that I was living in a wretched dorm, and they were pleasantly surprised at how nice it is. We hung around and chatted for several hours, and I treated them to lunch at the Shanty downtown (my Mom loves eating there). Of course, being my Mom, I had to sneak off and pay the bill before she had a chance to do so - as with all mothers, this always leads to a fight at the table unless it is handled delicately (and surreptitously). Mimi has been under the weather for most of 2010 so getting up to Burlington was a nice treat (especially for me).

No comments: