Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Another One of the Dessert Loving Englishmen

I've talked a lot about how having my son so close over the last year has been such a blessing. No one will ever mean to me what he means to me, and although I tell him that all the time I do hope it resonates with him.  We tend to get together later in the evening when things have slowed down around Bleak House.  The problem is that we live in Vermont, and late evening options are limited - it is, as Andy Burkhardt can testify, a Yankee hellhole.  Inevitably we end up going to Denny's, which is our only late night (and sadly I mean past 9:00 p.m. option [see note above about Yankee hellhole]).  We normally get together to discuss movies or books or just to goof.  Last night he ordered a Maple Bacon Sundae, which is, despite the addition of bacon, sweet bacon, looked wrong on so many levels.

I'm kind of surprised that Homer Simpson didn't join us.

No comments: