Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Mamboz Corner BBQ

Upon more studied reflection I've come to realize that an ungodly number of my posts in this blog are related to food [insert universal knowing laughter].  To be fair, an awful lot of our social and/or family life is center around eating as a ceremony, but, hell, I also love to eat; which helps explain why I should really take off around twenty pounds.  Consequently, I've gone ahead and added another Label, that of Food.  I then scrolled, briefly, back through the over eight-hundred and sixty posts and added the label.  I may have a problem.  Still, I'll probably die happy, and well-fed.  This all goes by way of introducing the latest post, which celebrates Mamboz Corner BBQ in Dar Es Salaam.  We were scheduled to go there on our first night in Dar Es Salaam, but jettisoned the plan when we were invited back to the Hindu temple for a dance.  Then we almost didn't make it to Mamboz on our second Saturday in Dar because we got magnificently lost on the way.  What a pity if we had not pursued our heroic quest.  It was well worth its great reputation.  Oh, and the owner and his son are really friendly.  Highly recommended.

It is the real deal.

The crowd at the restaurant.  On the right you can see Steve talking to the owner's son (sadly obscured) and several Champlain students strewn around.

One of the outside grills.  I'm practically salivating.

Seriously, it may be the best chicken I've ever eaten.

It even made my hardly ebullient student Tara happy, although here I think she's in the process of flipping me off.

Clearly, it's calling me back.

No comments: