Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A Walk on the Beach

I know this looks like an outtake from Shrek, but actually it's a picture of my most excellent friend, boon travelling companion, esteemed colleague and titular little sister Cyndi Brandenburg and me walking along the beach in Mumbai on the first night of our recent trip.  This allowed Cyndi to dip her feet in the Indian Ocean, which became part of her 50 for 50 project.  I've learned many things from Mei Mei, and maybe the biggest is that it's never too late to make great friends.  On the bus on the way back from Boston we were already talking about next spring's trip to Jordan.

This is a picture that I may have to print off in a physical form for framing.  Thanks to my student Samantha McLaughlin for snapping it and sending it along.

No comments: