Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Not the Rising Sun Shirt Again

Yes, it's the Rising Sun, Indiana shirt again.  My friend Cinse Bonino one time commented that she loves the silly traditions that I seemingly create out of whole cloth on a daily basis.  One of them is wearing my hometown t-shirt at least once in every country I visit.  Why?  I'm not really certain, although it feeds into my own personal mythology about history and my tortured relationship with coming from Indiana.  I left Rising Sun when I was seven - and spend most of my formative years in Lawrenceburg - but yet I list Rising Sun as my hometown on all official documents.  Certainly Rising Sun is a much prettier town, whereas Lawrenceburg is pretty much a hellhole, but I suspect it's more about my own personal shit.  Anyway, here are my latest pictures, this time from India (I'll doubtless include the Sri Lankan pictures later).  Oh, and thanks to Carolanne Kelly for sending these pictures along.

The crew in downtown Mumbai, from left to right: Michael Manfredi, Carolanne Kelly, Hattie Rosenberg, and Cyndi Brandenburg lurking in the background.

The only head bigger than my own.  I'm standing in front of the giant statue of Shiva in the caves on Elephanta Island.

No comments: