Monday, March 20, 2017

Back from India and Sri Lanka

We made it back safe and sound and incredibly happy from the India and Sri Lanka trip, and I'll have much to say about it in the weeks and months to come.  I think of all the foreign trips I've led this is the one that came together most brilliantly, which I suspect relates to the fact that it had such a thematic structure.  By the end the students were making subtle Ramayana references, which expressed how fully they were immersed in the epic.  They were a great crew.  We dragged them all over India and Sri Lanka and they were perpetually up for more.  At the end of the Zanzibar trip last spring several of the students were clearly exhausted, and a couple said that Africa had won.  This year's crew didn't want to leave.

There are so many great pictures from the trip, so I guess it's strange that I started with this one, but I like it.  My student John Van Egas sent it along. We had just exited a Shiva temple in India.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hands down the best experience ever.